Radiocommunication Seminars, to be held on the different regions worldwide, which will deal with the use of the radio-frequency spectrum and the satellite orbits, and, in particular, with the application of the provisions of the ITU Radio Regulations. The main advantages of the regional seminars are:
- Within each region, more officials from national frequency management organizations can participate, and also more participants from other radiocommunication sector stakeholders;
- Seminar's Agenda can be focused on pertinent regional situations and problematic;
- A closer dialogue can be established among participants and they can be more easily trained in the latest ICT tools for frequency management developed by ITU, and better apply for their particular problematic;
- ITU Staff would be in a position to better understand local frequency management problems and, therefore, provide more appropriate assistance.
RRS-14-Asia will be held in the following format:
- A pre-seminar web tutorial will be available at this webpage, presenting the basic concepts of: Spectrum Management at national and international levels, their links with ITU radio Regulations (RR), ITU and ITU-R structures and functions, including the study groups and BR departments, and ITU basic texts, with the main focus on RR and their associated Rules of Procedure (RoP). A good understanding of the pre-seminar web tutorial concepts is required in order to be able to participate actively in the seminar.
- Event will start with a Forum on New Trends on Spectrum Management: Opportunities and Challenges, with the participation of main stakeholders on the region. Topics will include: Spectrum Licensing Trends: Auctions, Sharing Trading; Dynamic Spectrum Access and White Spaces; Satellite Services Challenges.
- During following two days the basic concepts related to Spectrum Management, both at worldwide and regional level will be reviewed, with an exchange of national experience on the subject; as well as the procedures associated to the international register of frequencies. The review of the modifications to the RR, associated WRC Resolutions and ITU-R Resolutions decided by the last World Radio Conference (WRC-12) and Radiocommunication Assembly (RA-12) and agendas of the next WRC-15 will follow. This part will also cover the current regulatory framework for the international frequency management and the ITU-R Recommendations and best practices regarding the use of spectrum for both terrestrial and space services, including basic training on ICT Tools developed by ITU for frequency notifications for those services and for the technical examinations.
- The last two days will be devoted to parallel workshops (terrestrial and space), providing participants with hands-on experience of ITU notification procedures for each type of service, and of the software and electronic publications made available by the Radiocommunication Bureau.
The presentations and discussions at the seminar will be in English.
ITU Member States, ITU-R Sector Members, Associates and Academia from the Asia Region are invited to attend the seminar. Attendance is free of charge for previously registered participants.
Registration for this event will be carried out exclusively online, through the respective designated focal point (DFP). Registration will begin on 7 April 2014. Advance registration is strongly advised for all participants; unannounced participants will face further delays at the on-site registration desks.
The seminar will be conducted in a “paperless” environment, i.e. the seminar documentation will be available on the website. Given the amount of practical work expected during the workshops, participants are required to bring their laptops, performing the set of minimal specifications.
All participants are kindly requested to download the documents from the above website before the meeting starts to avoid congestion of Internet network.
To further detailed information please click on the pertinent file of the "Information" rubric